*Follow my blog*
|—||Moi (via jamies-somewhere)|
Psychopathy vs Sociopathy (A General Overview).
- The term “psychopath” is usually used to describe a person that has crossed the line of moral behavior in a society. They’re the murderers, the school shooters, the manipulative cult leaders. They’re the ones mutilating animals just to see what happens. They’re also the ones that society views as a danger to others.
- On the other hand, a person is deemed a sociopath when they have the lack of emotion and ability to relate to others, but aren’t a threat to society. While they’re not as dangerous, they can still be destructive in a smaller, personal setting such as in friendships, romantic relationships, or in a family. But they’re generally not going to go on a killing spree.
The two have quite a lot in common:
- Both psychopaths and sociopaths lack a moral compass.
- They are generally incapable of sympathizing with the feelings of others, and lack the set of ethics that tend to keep society from dissolving into a chaotic mess where everyone only looks out for themselves.
- They also have a non-existent or impaired sense of disgust, meaning they are able to look at things that would make another person turn away.
However, they also share differences:
- A big difference between the two is how they’re created. Recently, psychologists have begun to differentiate these processes. A psychopath is always a psychopath; genetic traits or chemical makeup causes the person to lack the ethics and empathy most of us have. Signs that something is not quite right with the person are generally visible from a very young age. A sociopath, however, often becomes one as a product of his or her upbringing. Environmental factors such as abuse or a cold, difficult childhood can cause a person to emotionally shut down and gradually devolve into sociopathy.
- Typically, the psychopath is the one that you’ll have no idea is hiding behind the face he shows to people every day. The psychopath is well-spoken and charismatic, and even though he can have a cold-hearted and callous edge, he makes up for it in the next sentence. The sociopath lets a little more of his inner self come through; often he is disorganized, abrupt in his speech, easily annoyed, and quick to show his temper. He’s the one less likely to kill you, and the one you’re also less likely to want to invite to a party.
I wish none of you were sad
I wish there was peace and justice and wealth and happiness and good people around all of the planet
try and one up me again bitch
Ｗ Ｅ Ｌ Ｃ Ｏ Ｍ Ｅ
B E O U R G U E S T
these skeletons look legitimately friendly and inviting, i don’t know about you guys but i’m hella stoked to kick it with these skeletons
Another Columbine style reference…
They tend to get along well.
Trans Guys | Bind Kinder
The use of ace bandages for binding is not only extremely uncomfortable, its dangerous.
Ace bandages contract around the ribcage, not allowing your ribcage to expand as you breathe, furthermore, putting you at risk for deformed ribs from prolonged use, as well as broken rib bones.
Always use a binder, which is specifically designed for binding and shaping the chest.
Can’t afford a binder? contact Aydian Dowling at firstname.lastname@example.org and get a binder for nothing more than the cost of shipping.
for my brothers in need
Things I wish I’d known in high school. Guys seriously the ace bandages can do some serious damage, don’t do it. Huge thanks to whoever is at that email taking care of folks so kindly.
Boosting for this wonderful person’s email.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spread this information and STOP DRAWING FANART/CREATING MEDIA THAT PORTRAYS USE OF ACE BANDAGES because not all trans people know this and will attempt to bind in dangerous ways if not given alternative methods!!
I Love My Boo campaign features real young men of color loving each other passionately. Rather than sexualizing gay relationships, this campaign models caring, and highlights the importance of us taking care of each other. Featured throughout New York City, I Love My Boo directly challenges homophobia and encourages all who come across it to critically rethink our notion of love.
GMHC is the world’s first and leading provider of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. Building on decades of dedication and expertise, we understand the reality of HIV/AIDS and empower a healthy life for all. GMHC fights to end the AIDS epidemic and uplift the lives of all affected.
this is fucking adorable
SPREAD THESE IMAGES LIKE WILDFIRE PRECISELY BECAUSE THEY FUCK UP THE MISGUIDED STEREOTYPES WE ALL ARE USED TO SEEING.
Y’all know theres a lesbian mafia right?